Philip James, Didsbury’s leading estate agent has an exciting opening for a credit controller.
Philip James is one of the largest independent estate and letting agencies in Manchester. With branches covering the most desirable residential areas including Didsbury, The Heatons, City Centre, Salford Quays and the surrounding areas, we are one of Manchester’s fastest growing businesses; it’s an exciting time to be a part of Philip James.
Whilst maintaining our impeccable reputation, our teams work hard to fulfil the exacting standards set, always going above and beyond our clients’ expectations to provide a first-class service.
We employ only the best and provide a great and rewarding place to work, investing in our colleagues to fulfil their career potential.
Based at our West Didsbury branch, you will work within our busy property management team to ensure tenant rent arrears are chased and debt collected on a daily basis, providing updates directly to our landlords and ensuring they are kept informed with payments received and outstanding debt.
Typical Job Role Tasks
The role includes the following, and may from time to time require additional tasks not included below:
- Sole credit controller managing rent arrears for our managed properties
- Chasing tenant debt by phone, letter and email
- Contacting guarantors for payment of arrears where applicable
- Updating landlords with rent received/current debts/legal action
- Providing weekly management reports
- Preparing paperwork for solicitors and court hearings
- Responding to telephone and email enquiries
- Liaising with tenants, guarantors, landlords, housing benefit, courts, and solicitors
- Keeping an accurate and complete log of all actions on the company database
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- To maintain records, spreadsheets and databases
- Liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following attributes/skills:
- Experience of working in property management is essential
- Knowledge of housing law would be beneficial
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi task and cope well under pressure, working to tight deadlines
- Confident dealing with customers, both face to face and over the phone
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in the use of databases and Microsoft packages
- Ability to use own initiative to resolve problems and queries
Competitive salary offered
- 9:00am – 6pm Monday – Thursday, 9:00am – 5pm Friday, plus 1 in 3 Saturday’s 9:00am – 4:30pm.
- If you have the qualities we require, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and very soon you could be joining Philip James and developing an exciting career.
- Please note, due to high volumes of responses we will only contact applicants who meet the internal screening procedure.
Application closing date 30.03.2018Return to blog Overview