This policy applies if you’re contractually affiliated with Philip James (Landlord, Tenant, Vendor, Buyer, Maintenance Contractor, Employee) or use any of our services, visit our website, email, call or write to us. In certain circumstances, we may also provide an extra privacy notice, which will always refer to this page.
We at Philip James will never sell your personal data and will only share it with organizations we work with as part of the provision of our services, when legally necessary, or where we have obtained your consent as part of any contract you have entered into with Philip James. We will endeavour to verify that these third parties and organisations assure your privacy and data security.
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’, it refers to Philip James Partnerships, comprising the following companies: Philip James Partnership Ltd (Company Number: 03567803); Philip James Kennedy Ltd (Company Number: 04697652); Philip James Heaton Moor Ltd (Company Number: 05470853) and Philip James Manchester (Company Number: 08483750). These companies comprise sales, lettings and property management offices.
Our ICO Registration Numbers are:
Philip James Partnership Ltd: Z7053895; Philip James Kennedy Ltd: Z8394911
Philip James Heaton Moor Ltd: Z2304915; Philip James Manchester Ltd: ZA104049
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Your personal data (any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally for example, name, address, phone number, email address) will be collected and used by us. We’ll only collect the personal data that we need for the fulfilment of provision of service to you and as specified in contractual engagement with Philip James, including but not limited to, Tenancy Agreement, Sole Agency Terms and Conditions (vendor), Management Agreement (landlord), Employment Agreement.
We collect personal data in connection with specific activities such as registration for property alerts, applications for property (as a tenant, buyer), registration of property to be sold or let, employment, etc.
You can give us your personal data by filling in forms on our website (including registration forms), by registering to use our website, social media functions on our website, entering a competition, promotion or survey or by corresponding with us (by phone, email, in person) or by contractual affiliation (tenant, landlord, vendor, employee).
This personal data you give us may include name, title, and address, date of birth, age, gender, financial information, employment status and income, demographic information, identification documents, email address, telephone numbers, personal description, usernames and passwords (if applicable).
Property Data (address, images of property, asking prices, previous sale prices, locations and descriptions) is also collected as part of our service provision. This enables us to advertise properties to the largest online audience available; to enable potential purchasers or tenants to see detailed descriptions and images of properties that they may be interested in.
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purpose or purposes outlined in any notice at the time of collection or registration where appropriate. If asked by the police, or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, we may need to provide your personal data. Our legitimate interest to process this information; includes:
- Providing a service to customers by helping them to market properties (sales and lettings);
- Providing a service to our customers by advertising properties to potential purchasers or tenants (sales and lettings);
- Providing a service to potential purchasers and tenants so that they know what properties are currently on the market and the price of those properties (sales and lettings);
- Provision of ancillary services, such as financial advice, legal advice, where explicitly agreed;
- Processing of applications by sharing information with credit referencing agencies, collecting references from landlords and employers, etc.;
- Creating a file for vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants in the course of service provision as contractually stipulated. This includes, but is not limited to, correspondence about the details of sale or tenancy, provision of details of liability for utilities and council tax to relevant authorities, financial exchanges between yourself and Philip James, provision of contact information to third parties for the maintenance of the property, viewing of the property, and assessment of the property as required;
- Creating a file for employees as part of the contractual obligations when entering into Employment with Philip James.
- We use the personal data you provide as a contractual affiliate and registered interested party to service your contractual affiliation and interest in our company.
We will keep this personal data for as long as contractually required (e.g. the duration of a tenancy, management agreement, sale agreement, employment) to a maximum of seven years (7) after the termination of the agreement, to comply with HMRC and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations.
You have a right to request to view your personal data held by Philip James. Should you wish to exercise your right to request your personal data be removed, please note that this may be denied should it contravene our lawful reason to process your personal information, including but not limited to the fulfilment of contractual obligations (e.g. tenancy agreement, management agreement, sale agreement). Any request to view, amend or remove your personal data should be made in writing to our Data Controller.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel unhappy with the way we process your data. Please visit www.ico.org.uk for more information.
We will stop advertising a property when instructed to do so by our customer. However, the property information will remain available on the site as historical property information to allow users to benefit from services such as identifying previous for sale or sold prices; for let or let agreed prices.
Your privacy is important to us, so we’ll always keep your details secure. We’d like to use your details to provide you information about property types you have registered interest in (sales and lettings).
We’ll only send these to you if you agree to receive them and we will never share your information with companies outside Philip James. (We may however share cookie data with third parties to help with our own advertising targeting).If you agree to receive marketing information from us you can change your mind at a later date.
However, if you tell us you don’t want to receive marketing communications, then you may not hear about properties that may be of interest to you.
Website Collection of Information:
Information We Collect About You
This is different to “information you give us” because it relates to technical data that we collect. We may
- Collect technical information that has the potential to identify you, such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Collect information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- We may combine technical information with other information that we have about you to help us with our processing of your information as set out in this Policy.
Why We Collect It
We will use the information summarised above:
- To provide the Site to you;
- To conduct reviews that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure; and
- To customise and enrich your experience on our Site.
We have a legitimate interest to process this information. These legitimate interests are:
- To help ensure the on-going security of the Site;
- Enhancing the service that you receive on the Site; and
- Providing information necessary to enable us to provide a competitive, cost effective services
You have the right to use our Site without consenting to marketing and communication services that we provide. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We always use the most recently submitted form to be your current consent status. If you are a registered user, but not signed in when you submit a form, we will not be able to use your saved settings so will deem your consent choice to be as per the form you submit at the time. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by selecting the specific options in the fields or forms when you become a registered user.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact and Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from, or enquired about, purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email-marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URL’s published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URL’s are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.