With a looming energy crisis, an economy that has struggled to kick start post-COVID, and a mini-budget that has shocked the markets, the predicted uncertainty facing tenants and landlords is coming to light. An estimated 700,000 people are currently in rent arrears, and this figure will only increase with the cost of living. As estate agents, we have a responsibility to protect our landlords and support our tenants through these difficult times. That is why we offer all our landlord clients a Rental Guarantee as an additional service.
What is covered in the Rent Guarantee?
The Rent Guarantee sometimes referred to as tenant default insurance helps protect against losses in the event of non-payment.
It also includes:
- Full rent guarantee for the total monthly rent, as listed in the Tenancy Agreement
- Rent payable until vacant possession is obtained
- Legal costs to obtain possession of the property if the tenant fails to pay the rent
- Total claims limit for legal expenses up to £75,000
- Cover breaches of the tenancy agreement by the tenant, including non-payment of rent and expired Section 21 notices
- Court attendance included as part of the service
- The policy is fully transferable to ensure continuous cover even when the Tenant change (subject to satisfactory references)
- Nil excess with rent paid from the point of the first arrears
- This covers all tenants in your property and will be transferred for every tenancy
Cover can be organised at any time for a flat fee to start on all new tenancies, aswell as mid-term for the majority of cases. This cover provides peace of mind that your rent is guaranteed, and legal expenses are covered should your tenant go into arrears.
Since rolling out this service, we saw a strong uptake which far exceeded our expectations, as landlords moved to safeguard their investments and protect their rental income. This is security that is needed during a cost of living crisis that is affecting so many people in the UK. Our dedicated arrears team has a wealth of expertise and knowledge when it comes to protecting your investments. With such uncertain times ahead of us Philip James are here to guide you with practical, sound advice and with a whole range of our services. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or queries with regards to this so we can help you secure your income and future.
Contact the Property Management team on 0161 448 1111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the services available from Philip James, go to our Property Management page on our website.