Philip James is starting a revolution in the Manchester student property market; from 2012 we’ll be the only agent in Manchester to personally vet all our properties and our landlords. If the property or the landlord isn’t up to scratch, we’ll show them the door. Withington Branch Manager Neil Ryder explains why we’re making the changes;
“We believe students deserve the same service as our professional tenants, so we’ve introduced a new Gold Standard for student lettings. We make sure each property has all the relevant safety certificates; we ensure it’s clean, tidy and presentable and we’ll take you round the property and make sure you’re 100% happy.
“When we’ve found you the perfect place to live, we’ll sort out all the paperwork and check the landlord is up-to-date with everything.
“And finally, on the day you move in we’ll provide you with a Moving-in Pack, containing everything you’ll need throughout your tenancy.
“Students shouldn’t have to settle for inferior houses or dodgy landlords, so here at Philip James we’re putting a stop to it. So make sure you choose the right student property and call us today.
Philip James, 412 Wilmslow Road, Withington, M20 3BW
(0161) 434 5009
OUR 10 “GOLD STANDARD” RULES
1. Good Landlord: We’re the only estate agent in Manchester to vet our landlords as well as our properties. If landlords aren’t prepared to look after their tenants, we won’t work with them.
2. Good Properties: The old cliché of leaking pipes, stained carpets and damp bathrooms are history. If the student property doesn’t live up to our high standards, we won’t show it to you.
3. Accompanied Viewings: If we’re going to let you a property, we want to make sure we’ve shown you round properly. We never send you to meet a landlord, or send you to an empty property. We’ll always come with you – and we’ll make sure you know all about the area and have time to look round properly.
4. No Admin Fees: Life is hard enough for students, without having to pay excessive fees to rent a property. So when you rent a student property from us you won’t pay ANY fees.
5. Proof of Deposit: Worried that you’ll pay a landlord a deposit and never see it again? We make sure you have a certificate telling you exactly where the deposit is held, and it’s signed by the landlord too.
6. H.M.O Certificate: If your student property requires a H.M.O certificate, we’ll make sure it’s up-to-date and we’ll provide you with a copy.
7. Twitter: The student property market is a fast-moving one and we’d hate you to miss out on your perfect home, so we’ll be Tweeting all the latest properties as they become available. See below for our exclusive Twitter competition and your chance to win a meal for two at Font Bar in Fallowfield.
8. Gas Safety Certificate: If one of our properties has a gas supply, we’ll provide you with a copy of the up-to-date certificate
9. Assured Shorthold Tenancy: This is the most important document you’ll have when you move in. Signed by the tenant and the landlord, we keep the original and provide you with a copy so you can see all your landlord details, where he or she lives and who to contact in case of emergency
10. Moving-in Information Pack: On the day you move in, Philip James Partnership don’t just hand you the keys. We give you a comprehensive information pack containing all the certificates listed above, plus a handy guide to your local area.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A MEAL FOR TWO EVERY WEEK
We’ll be Tweeting all our latest student properties so if you don’t want to miss out on a bargain, follow us today. And to make things even tastier, anyone who follows us on Twitter will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a meal for two every week at the delicious Font Bar in Fallowfield!